$10,000 sign-on bonus available for RNs with at least 1 year experience! Apply today!
Woodruff Manor is an 88-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility that has provided care to the Woodruff community since 1987. Our compassionate team has the training and expertise to provide the individualized patient care needed during a stay. The team includes an attending physician, nurse practitioner, registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants — all working together to provide a positive and caring environment.
- Total # of beds: 88 beds
- Average patient age: Adult
- Patient Services: long-term care and short-term rehabilitation
- Case Types: psychiatric / memory care, diabetic care, dialysis care as well as foley catheters, trachs, and PEG tubes
The RN Supervisor, under the direction of the Director of Nursing, utilizes knowledge and skills at a competent level to provide direct age-specific and culturally appropriate resident care through the use of the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, along with the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process. Additionally, serves as a clinical resource and preceptor, participates in resident, family, and staff education, demonstrates leadership skills, and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient resident care delivery and the achievement of desired resident outcomes. The Nurse-Clinical must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental, and treatment needs of residents, families, and visitors ranging in age from early adult to late adult.
- Nursing, Associate Degree (minimal)
- Strong clinical assessment skills, problem solving, and critical thinking. Strong computer skills with accuracy in typing; ability to coordinate and multi-task; excellent professional communication skills
- License from an approved nursing program as a Registered Nurse
Core Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for communicating and reporting to Director of Nursing
- Greets and directs residents, family, caregivers and guests in a professional and respectful manner
- Uses the correct telephone protocol in answering calls; direct calls to the appropriate persons in a timely manner; ensure phone messages are legible and distribute promptly; adheres to the policy for utilization of paging system
- Assists Director of Nursing, Nursing Home Administrator and Charge Nurse with other duties (i.e., filing, updating manuals, etc.)
- Positively and professionally assists as a resource person and liaison for physicians and other departments
- Positively and professionally assists as a resource person to the Director of Nursing, Nursing Home Administrator, Charge Nurse in obtaining resident diagnostic tests results.
- Ensures reports are filed accurately
- Monitors and controls noise at desk to ensure professional conduct and appearance;
- Maintains a clean, neat and organized work area to facilitate workflow, ensuring confidential and PHI information is properly secured
- Coordinates all of the annual competencies for nursing associates in coordination with the Director of Education and Director of Nursing as required.
- Skilled in data entry – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Skillfully operate and maintain computer, printer and fax machines; telephone system
- Routinely maintains standards of the Long-Term Care, CMS Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and other licensing and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates practice to maintain a safe environment and reports safety issues for residents, visitors, co-workers and self
- Recognizes risk management situations and reports them in a timely manner
- Promptly reports equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel; uses chain of command when reporting problems/concerns
- Demonstrates compliance with policies regarding HIPAA and resident confidentiality, confidentiality of facility information and residents’ rights and responsibilities; demonstrates knowledge of the purpose of the Ethics Committee, including referral process
- Successfully completes initial orientation and annual required computerized training, competencies and annual health evaluation
- Attends facility staff meetings, applying knowledgeable of facility’s policies and procedures, medical terminology and specific services of departments
- Coordinates policies and procedures pertaining to associate education.
- Identifies and actively supports positive relations within team and across department lines; maintains an open and positive attitude by a willingness to participate in new initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Resident/Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional resident/customer situations; responds promptly to resident needs; solicits resident feedback in an attempt to achieve an optimum level of resident care; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to the ideas of others; and is willing to try new solutions and options; demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; respectfully helps to educate others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, excellence and attention to detail; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality and excellence.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and in a timely manner; supports the goals and values of the organization; benefits organization through outside activities and representation of the company; supports affirmative action and respects diversity; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above his/her own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens for and seeks proper clarification; responds well to questions asked; demonstrates excellent group presentation skills; participates in meetings and enrichment discussions; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet appropriate needs; presents numerical data effectively and legibly; and is able to read and interpret written information.
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.