Job Description Overview
Registered Nurse (RN), Cardiac Progressive Care Unit (PCU), Full-Time, Nights
- Sign On BONUS and RELOCATION available for qualified candidates
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Cardiac Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Team in Albuquerque, NM.
- Dynamic, cutting edge, environment focused on the care of cardiac patients.
- Opportunity to grow and learn to care for patients who have had heart cauterizations, electro-physiology procedures as well as more advanced interventions such as TAVRs, LVADs and open hearts after their stay in CVICU.
Come work alongside some of the top cardiologists in the state at the number one hospital in New Mexico for cardiac care. RNs in their first year are encouraged to participate in the residency program while also working in the Cardiac Progressive Care Unit.
Heart Hospital of New Mexico at Lovelace Medical Center. New Mexico’s only hospital dedicated exclusively to cardiovascular care, including the State’s only facility to do left ventricular aortic device (LVAD) implant, and a cutting-edge hybrid operation room where surgeons can perform advanced surgical services for cardiovascular patients. Responsibilities
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, to include patient care and staff management assigned to the RN in his/her charge.
- May serve in the role of Charge Nurse and is accountable for professional practice.
- Adheres to policies and procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
Registered Nurse (RN) Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum: Associate's Degree or Diploma of Nursing
- Desired: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Desired: One (1) year experience
- Valid NM RN License or valid multi-state compact license
- BLS; ACLS and PALS may be required by hiring department
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Management skills
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Works well in a team setting
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- New Mexico Hospital Association/ American Hospital Association Quest for Excellence award, general Acute Hospital, 2021
- U.S. News & World Report, Chest Pain MI Registry Performance achievement Award, 2021
- "A" grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2019, Fall 2020
- Healthgrades 2020 Specialty Excellence Awards: Pulmonology Care excellence, 2020; American's 100
- Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work, 2016-2019
- U.S. New & World Report "Best Hospitals," in Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Attack, 2021-2022
- Best Hospitals for cardiac care, 2019; America's 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention, 2019
- American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines" Stroke gold Plus quality Achievement Award, 2012-2022 (Target Honor Roll - Elite Plus, 2019-2022)
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.