We’ve learned that what is best for patients is also best for employees. Learn more about why we are one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas®.___________________________________________________________________________
In 2020 and again in 2021, UMC Physicians has received the 1st place ranking as “One of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas®” by the Best Companies Group.
Title: Advanced Practice Provider
Clinic: UMC Southwest Gastroenterology
We are seeking a full-time Advanced Practice Provider with a passion for others to join our outstanding healthcare team at UMC Physicians. If you are a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant looking to make an impact on the lives of others we are interested in you!
• Goal oriented
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Servant’s heart
• Punctual and dependable
• Works with a sense of urgency
• Ability to work 40 hours per week
Our Mission: To improve the quality of life for our community by providing the best patient experience for every patient.
Our Vision: To be the best place to work and the best place to receive healthcare.
Benefits: UMC Physicians offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible full-time employees. Benefits include:
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Pay
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Employer Paid Group Life and Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability (after 2 years of employment)
• Critical Illness, Accident and Cancer Insurance
• Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Employee Assistance Program
Note: Some benefits require an employee contribution to participate.
Full Job Description
The Advanced Practice Provider will focus on primary care with some walk-in availability including some evening and weekends. This position utilizes advanced knowledge and clinical expertise in the field of medicine and provides guidance to the professional nursing staff and care to patients and their family. This position conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, ordering and scheduling necessary studies and professional consultations, collecting and documenting data, The Advanced Practice Provider is responsible for providing direct patient care services to include prescribing medications and other therapies.
Essential Job Functions:
• Desires to be part of a health care team dedicated to providing patients
• Must be compassionate, conscientious, and meticulous
• Directs patient care including but not limited to: examine, diagnose, treat
medical conditions of/for patients
• Prescribes medication and medical testing; reviews and interprets test
results; takes and records histories and physical examinations;
communicates with physicians regarding patient care and follow-up
• Participates with physician in a review of the patient health records
• Assures that adequate patient records are maintained, completed and
accurately documented in a timely manner; readily accessible and
• Performs services in accordance with company policy
• Participates in appropriate Quality Improvement (QI) for the clinic
• Flexible work hours to include evenings and weekends
• Aware of Emergency Disaster Plans and how to respond in the event of a
• Works effectively with others, demonstrates leadership and teaching ability
and the ability to work under pressure
• Communicates effectively, both written and orally with patients, staff and
• Demonstrates working knowledge of current healthcare practices
• Possesses skills and technical competence to execute work
• Operates within the established scope of practice
• Prioritizes treatment based on medical and nursing diagnosis, patient
history and expected patient outcomes
Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
• Knows clinical and nursing standards and practices in accordance with
• Will be required to show current knowledge and clinical competence of the
special skills required to give quality care to patients in their unit
• Age specific knowledge is required when needed for appropriate patient
• Current, unrestricted Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license
• Must be in good standing with the State of Texas Medical Board or Texas Board of Nursing; or the ability to obtain or transfer your license to Texas
• BSN or MSN degree and successful completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program or accredited Nursing Practitioner program
• Basic Life Support certification
• Previous experience as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
• Previous experience in Gastroenterology
Works in well-lighted, ventilated building. Hours may vary to accommodate needs in the department. Exposure to blood borne pathogens is of high risk.
Work is of medium demand. Standing, walking most of the time on duty. Lifting and pushing patients, carts and wheelchairs. Adequate hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills required. Good tactile sensation necessary for checking patients. Talking and hearing is essential in instructing and supervising nursing personnel and in receiving doctors’ orders and patient’s condition reports. Near visual acuity for accurate recording of patients’ charts.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position._____________________________________________________________________________
UMC Health System provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.