We’ve learned that what is best for patients is also best for employees. Learn more about why we are one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas®.____________________________________________________________________________
In 2020 and again in 2021, UMC Physicians has received the 1st place ranking as “One of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas®” by the Best Companies Group.
Title: Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse – Full time
Clinic: Southwest Gastroenterology
We are seeking a full-time Registered or Licensed Vocational Nurse with a passion for others to join our outstanding healthcare team at UMC Physicians. If you are an ambitious and energetic person who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an opportunity to make an impact on the lives of others, you have come to the right place. We offer positions and growth opportunities to help you get to where you want to go.
• Goal oriented
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Servant’s heart
• Punctual and dependable
• Works with a sense of urgency
• Availability Requirements:
Ability to work 40 hours per week
8-5 Monday – Friday, potential evenings, and weekends
To improve the quality of life for our community by providing the best patient experience for every patient.
The best place to work and the best place to receive healthcare.
UMC Physicians offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible full-time employees. Benefits include:
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Pay
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Employer Paid Group Life and Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability (after 2 years of employment)
• Critical Illness, Accident and Cancer Insurance
• Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Employee Assistance Program
Note: Some benefits require an employee contribution to participate.
Full Job Description
The RN/LVN utilizes knowledge and clinical expertise in the field of medicine, provides guidance to the professional nursing staff, and care to patients and their family. The RN/LVN will also be responsible for conducting diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; orders and schedules necessary studies and professional consultations; collects and documents data; provides direct patient care and services.
• Desires to be part of a health care team dedicated to providing patient
• optimal care
• Must be compassionate, conscientious, and meticulous
• Directs patient care including but not limited to: takes and records
• and vital signs; communications with physicians and nurses regarding
• care and follow up
• Assures that adequate patient records are maintained, completed, and
• accurately documented Performs services in accordance with company
• Participates in appropriate Quality Improvement for the clinic
• Adjusts work hours/schedules to meet the needs and demands of the
• Aware of Emergency Disaster Plans and how to respond in the event of a
• Works effectively with others, demonstrates teamwork and the ability to
• under pressure
• Communicates effectively, both written and orally with patients, staff, and
• other entities
• Demonstrates working knowledge of currently healthcare practices
• Possesses skills and technical competence to execute work
• Operates within the established scope of practiceKnowledge/Skills/Abilities
Knows clinical and nursing standards and practices in accordance with them. Will be required to show current knowledge and clinical competence of the special skills required to give quality care to patients in their unit. Age specific knowledge is required when needed for appropriate patient care. Common knowledge of safety hazards and precautions. Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions. Must be able to read and write medical terminology.
Additional duties as assigned.
• Successful completion of an accredited RN or LVN program
• Current, unrestricted RN or LVN license
• Must be in good standing with the Texas Board of Nursing; or the ability to
obtain or transfer your license to Texas
• Basic Life Support certification
• Previous experience as an RN or LVN.
• Previous experience in a Gastroenterology or specialty clinic
Works in a well-lit, heated, and ventilated building. Hours may vary to accommodate needs in the department. Exposure to blood borne pathogens is of high risk.
Work is of medium demand. Standing, walking most of the time on duty. Lifting and pushing patients, carts, and wheelchairs. Adequate hand/eye coordination and find motor skills required. Good tactile sensation necessary for checking patients. Talking and hearing is essential in instructing the supervising nursing personnel and in receiving doctors’ orders and patient’s condition reports. Near visual acuity for accurate recording of patients’ charts.
Limitations and disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.______________________________________________________________________________
UMC Health System provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.