Charge Registered Nurse / RN, Emergencey Department ED ER, Full Time, Nights
The BSA Emergency Department proudly serves a multi-state area of the Texas Panhandle, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Colorado and Kansas. The BSA ED averages 5,250 patients per month that are treated by a by a team that consist of Board Certified Emergency physicians and a highly competent compassionate ED staff.
The RN, Charge Nurse is a Registered Nurse who is accountable for coordination of all care for a specific patient population on an assigned shift, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and the policies and procedures of BSA. The RN, Charge Nurse also has managerial responsibilities including, but not limited to, staffing, scheduling, employment development, and budget and performance improvement activities.
Current Texas RN license
· Previous Emergency Department nursing experience required; 3+ years preferred
· Leadership and management skills in a healthcare environment
· Assess, plan, evaluates, documents total nursing process
· Flexible, organized, self-motivated with exceptional follow-through skills
· Computer skills necessary; Microsoft Office, EMR/Epic documentation
· Multi-task constantly and tolerate multiple interruptions
· Ability to delegate and give clear instructions to others
· Ability to function under stressful situations
· Clear and effective communication with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals
· Compassionate customer service skills
· Committed to patient, family, and visitor satisfaction