*All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA*
*** Up to $10K Sign On Bonus if meeting requirements ***
The perfect blend of exceptional care and comfortable accommodations, Clovis Community Medical Center remains a top choice for women's services, labor and delivery, advanced minimally invasive surgeries, sports medicine, and weight-loss surgery. Home to the Marjorie E. Radin Breast Care Center, California's premier breast care center, we offer screening, diagnostics, and treatments using the most cutting-edge technology available. We're a family-oriented, suburban hospital at the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains that's part of the Community Medical Centers healthcare network. Expanded in 2012, Clovis Community has 208 all-private rooms - making Clovis Community the only comprehensive hospital in the area with all-private rooms.
Whether for inpatient or outpatient care, we're here to provide the best possible experience and the highest quality care for the people we serve. That means we are able to offer a variety of ways for you to grow - both in the way you do your job as a healthcare professional and in the way you live your personal life. If you share our passion for providing the best possible care for each and every patient, you should consider a career with our team at Clovis Community Medical Center.
The Charge Nurse assists the Clinical Supervisor by serving as primary liaison for an assigned care area with physicians, staff, patients, and families. Responsible for coordinating patient flow and staff assignments and the oversight of patient safety, quality, and regulatory activities on the assigned shift.
1. Serves as primary contact for care area communication
2. Coordinates patient flow within the care area, facilitates admissions, discharges and transfers to maximize unit capacity.
3. Makes patient care assignments based on patient acuity, care needs, and staff competency.
4. Coordinates patient safety, quality and regulatory activity for assigned area, ensuring unit is survey ready at all times. Monitors Pyxis for discrepancies, clears them by the end of shift.
5. Serves as a liaison for staff/patient/families/physicians, collaborates with clinical Supervisor when necessary.
6. Receives, documents, and attempts real-time resolution of complaints or suggestions posed by patients, visitors, and other departments. Refers any unresolved situations to clinical Supervisor/Manager.
7. Provides evaluation data/feedback pertaining to assigned staff to clinical Supervisor/Manager.
8. Provides coverage as a staff RN, including "at all times" break coverage needed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
• 2 years experience as a Staff RN in the area of assignment or demonstrated competency by achieving a minimum 35 points on RN Competency Model Evaluation form required
• 6 months experience as a Relief Charge RN or in a team leadership role required
Licenses and Certifications
• RN - Current State of California Registered Nurse license required
• BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
• Certifications as required for the unit
Refer to the department’s specific requirements, orientation skills checklists and competencies
Additional Certification Requirements
Adult Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required upon entry or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-60300 CVU, 01-60306 FH CVU, 01-74230 Cardiac Surgery, 01-75706 FH Cath Lab, 01-75900 Cardiology, 01-75931 Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab, 01-61705 FH Tele, 01-75700 Cath Lab. Clovis: 02-75701 Cath Lab.
Adult Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 1 year of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-61790 CPCU, 01-61791 CVS Progressive 8W, 01-74300 Short Stay Surgery, 01-74206 FH Surgery, 01-74276 FH PACU, 01-74306 FH Short Stay Surgery, 01-60100 4ICU Medical, 01-60101 5ICU Trauma, 01-60102 Neuroscience ICU, 01-61704 Neuroscience 9W, 01-61780 ICU Stepdown(PCU), 01-74270 PACU, 01-61100 Burn Center, 01-73900 Burn Therapy, 01-61701 Med Surg 2 East, 01-61702 Med Surg 5 Central, 01-61703 PCU 7W, 01-61770 Orthopedics, 01-74240 Neurosurgery, 01-70100 Emergency, 01-74000 Labor & Delivery, 01-74003 Antepartum, 01-74004 OB Triage, 01-61730 Oncology, 01-77610 Endoscopy. Clovis: 02-61790 CPCU, 02-70100 ED, 02-74000 Labor & Delivery, 02-74270 PACU, 02-74300 Short Stay Surgery, 02-77610 Endoscopy.
Basic Arrhythmia must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-61100 Burn Center, 01-61701 Med Surg 2 East, 01-61702 Med Surg 5 Central, 01-61703 PCU 7W, 01-61770 Orthopedics, 01-61730 Oncology, 01-61790 CPCU, 01-61791 CVS Progressive 8W, 01-74000 Labor & Delivery, 02-74000 Labor & Delivery.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-70100 ED, 01-74300 Short Stay Surgery, 01-74270 PACU, 01-61100 Burn Center, 01-73900 Burn Therapy, 01-62900 Pediatric, 01-60500 PICU Pediatric ICU, 01-77610 Endoscopy (except for nurses in pre-admission testing). Clovis: 02-70100 ED, 02-74270 PACU.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale Course must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-60100 4ICU Medical, 01-60101 5ICU Trauma, 01-60102 Neuroscience ICU, 01-61704 Neuroscience 9W, 01-61780 ICU Stepdown(PCU), 01-70100 ED. Clovis: 02-70100 ED.
Fetal Monitoring certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-74000 Labor & Delivery, 01-74003 Antepartum, 01-74004 OB Triage.
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-60500 PICU, 01-62900 Pediatric, 01-63800 Obstetrics, 01-74000 Labor & Delivery, 01-74003 Antepartum, 01-74004 OB Triage, 01-60700 NICU. Clovis: 02-63800 Obstetrics, 02-74000 Labor & Delivery.
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-61730 Oncology.
Please note: Per the CDPH order, all healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exemption and test regularly.
Please note: If any bonuses are noted, they are only applicable to external hires and those candidates meeting current bonus requirements.