As of July 1, 2022 the new pay range for this position will be $39,528 to $52,776 annually.
Please Note: Due to recruitment and retention shortages, all newly hired permanent NAC’s or NAC Lead’s will receive a recruitment incentive payment of $1,500 upon hire. In addition, you’ll receive another $1,500 after completion of your probationary period. These recruitment incentive payments will expire on September 30, 2022.
Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA)
, we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.
The Washington State Department of Veteran Affairs is pleased to announce the recruitment for a Nursing Assistant Lead at our Washington Veterans Home (WVH). The Washington Veterans Home is located in Port Orchard.Shift Available:Evening: 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. | Days off: Thursday and Friday
Some of what you will be doing:
The Nursing Assistant Lead, under the supervision of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, assists in the delivery of nursing and nursing related care to residents of the Washington Veterans Home.
Assigns work sections on daily basis.
Audits POC charting of co-workers on shift.
Assists in the delivery of nursing related care in accordance with current standards of practice.
Provides assistance to residents with activities of daily living.
Practice and adhere to infection control procedures and ensure safe work methods are used.
Six (6) months experience involving customer service in a health care setting OR six (6) months experience involving direct patient care.
Valid Washington State license to practice as a Nursing Assistant Certified.
Current active status on OBRA (Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) Registry.
Long term care experience
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
Finalists will be asked to provide a list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
- Candidates who are offered a job with WDVA must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.