Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of agency-wide performance improvement projects and safety monitoring activities. Facilitates the delivery of high-quality patient care for patients through practice as an educator and leader. Coordinates orientation for the new employee and ongoing education for staff in areas of infection control, safety, compliance, performance improvement.
* Develops and implements the agency's performance improvement program. 30%
* Tracks, analyzes, quantifies and compares data relative to safety, infection control and quality. Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual reports encompassing the areas of infection control, safety and quality. 25%
* Communicates effectively with all members of health care team. Maintains an effective collaborative relationship with the leadership team as well as other departments within GHS, such as Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, and safety committees. Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit, department and institutional goals. Assesses and/or implements changes in practice, policies, and procedures to improve the quality of care for patients. 10%
* Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates educational programs and activities that meet the needs of the nursing staff, patients/families, or related community programs. Provides or coordinates the offering of mandatory in-services and other training for the clinical area of expertise, maintaining records for completed education offerings in the area. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the clinical orientation for the new employee. Coordinates the orientation process according to the individual needs, documents orientation program and makes recommendations regarding continued employment based on ongoing evaluations during orientation.
1. Contributes to the professional development of nursing staff and students.
2. Maintains current knowledge and skills in a specialty area. 10%
* Maintains policies and procedures in compliance with State, Federal, Medicare and credentialing standards and criteria. Incorporates evidenced-based standards of care / protocols into policies and procedures. 10%
* Delivers direct patient care, assesses patients, serves as a role model and demonstrates sound judgement and critical thinking. Demonstrates proficient clinical nursing skill in providing/directing care for the complex patient and/or family needs
1. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of standards for nursing practice.
2. Collaborates with the patient and family and health care providers in achieving optimal patient outcomes.
3. Provides information and support to patients and families and to health care providers in addressing ethical and legal concerns.
4. Demonstrates cost effective nursing practice.
5. Assists nursing staff in the acquisition of practice skills and knowledge.
6. Acts as a role model of professional nursing practice.
7. Serves as a clinical resource for the nursing staff and health care providers.
8. Promotes evidenced based practice using current research. 5%
* Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, in-service meetings, current literature and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends in the field of expertise. Promote health care in the community. 5%
* Assists in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of new services / practices. 5%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Associate's Degree - Nursing
2 years - Clinical experience in respective area (Home Health or Hospice).
1 year of experience in quality improvement, safety management or infection control preferred.
RN - REGISTERED NURSE - NLRN
Other Required Experience
Knowledgeable of Medicare, regulatory and JCAHO criteria and standards - Required
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing - Preferred
Day (United States of America)
Hospice Of The Foothills
1067 Hospice - Upstate
12029035 Administrative and General
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.