Registered Nurse 2
Full Time - Permanent
Float, NOC Shift
Washington Veterans Home
We are excited to announce an upcoming opening for a Registered Nurse 2 (RN2), Full Time, Permanent position
, here at the beautiful Washington Veterans Home, in scenic Port Orchard, Washington!Please Note: The Shift will be night shift (NOC), with hours of 10:30 pm to 7:00 am. This is a float position. Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA), we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star families.
We are accepting applications for an RN2 Float to assist in the delivery of nursing related care to residents in our WA Veterans Home. Lend direction to your patients as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Brighten prospects for patients and your career. Connect with your goals and change lives in accomplishing our mission of "Serving Those Who Served" with the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs by applying today!
Some of what you will be doing:
Under direction supervision of a physician or supervising nurse, and in accordance with current standards of practice, functions as a responsible licensed member of a health care team, primarily as the charge nurse for the assigned area.
- Prepares, carries out, evaluates, and revises treatment plans for individual residents based on recommendations of a physician.
- Under physicians' orders, passes medications, administer, monitor and record treatments, and assesses the condition of the resident.
- Administering oxygen, suctioning, and providing trach care, irrigations, colostomy care, feeding tubes, dressing changes and treatments, etc.
- Makes nursing assessments of residents as necessitated by the condition of the resident, and on a quarterly basis for the completion of the minimum data set (MDS).
- Direct and supervise subordinate nursing personnel.
- Current and valid Washington State License to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Long term care experience.
- One year experience as a RN.
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
Applications submitted will contain the following:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
3. A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by WSNA.
- Candidates who are offered a job with WDVA must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
NOTE: Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.