Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC)
Spokane Veterans Home
We are very happy to announce we have positions for Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC), On-Call
openings, here at the beautiful Spokane Veterans Home in Spokane, Washington!
Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA)
, we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.
Lend direction to your patients as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Brighten prospects for patients and your career. Connect with your goals and change lives in accomplishing our mission of "Serving Those Who Served" with the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs. If you are a Nursing Assistant Certified with a passion for excellence and compassionate care, we invite you to be a part of our team located at the Spokane Veterans Home.
Some of what you will be doing:
The Nursing Assistant, under the supervision of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, assists or supervises assigned residents with activities of daily living. The Nursing Assistant promotes resident-centered care and ensures that the veterans are treated with dignity and respect.
Assists residents with personal care and daily living activities such as bathing, personal grooming, dressing, and eating.
Responsible for accurately obtaining and recording vital signs and other resident data, and collection of specimens for laboratory use.
Observes, documents, and reports changes in resident's condition or behavior to supervisor and keeps licensed staff informed about any changes.
- Current and valid Washington State Nursing Assistant Certification
- Current active status on OBRA (Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act)
- Long term care experience
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than the hire date. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
- Candidates who are offered a job with WDVA must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.