Aug 11, 2022
Charlotte, NC, USA
Novant Health’s Central Staffing and Scheduling Office (CSSO) needs an Emergency Department RN with two (2) years of recent, consecutive Emergency Department experience to join the Super Float Pool.
Schedule: 3pm to 3am
The Float Pool Registered Nurse will serve as a healthcare team leader by:
- Establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their support system
- Utilizing the best scientific evidence and compassionate care to assist in navigating our patient's healthcare journey.
Benefits of joining the Float Pool
- Experience travel nursing without the travel - Work within the same healthcare system while experiencing new units and new faces.
- No more of the "same ole' routine" - Working in various units and hospitals helps to keep the days fresh and exciting. Each shift can be a new adventure that may introduce you to a specialty area you had never previously considered.
- Learn new skills - No matter what specialty area you end up in, there are always skills from other disciplines that become vitally useful. The ongoing learning can serve to advance your nursing practice.
- Gain impressive work experience for career building - Experience gained over time as a float nurse within a healthcare system can demonstrate that you are a reliable and dedicated employee that can learn on the go and rise to a variety of challenges.
- Compensation - Full- and Part-time float nurses receive a competitive compensation package and additional float pay per hour. PRN float nurses will receive an elevated flat rate.
Super Float Pool Overview
- Be part of a market based, corporate float pool team that is assigned to varying units to ensure that patient care needs are met within the assigned facility.
- Will have the skills, competency, and qualifications to work in all facilities within the defined Greater Charlotte Market (GCM).
- You are responsible for providing safe, continuous quality patient care in a variety of settings.
Our Emergency Room nurses, their number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how you contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth!
- Education: 4 Year / Bachelors Degree preferred. BSN Required.
- Experience: 2 years required. CSSO RNs will fall into 1-2 of the following pre-determined sub-specialties: Medical Surgical/Telemetry RN, Critical Care RN, Emergency Services RN, Behavioral Health RN, Women’s Service RN or Perioperative RN.
- Licensure/Certification: Current compact licensure in appropriate state required. Specialty Certification preferred.
- Additional skills required: Appropriate customer service, effective and appropriate customer relations, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, critical thinking and computer literacy. Advanced training as required by department/unit/facility per identified skill set/sub category. Ability to successfully complete generic and department specific skills validation and competency testing. Has the ability to interpret information and identify each patient’s requirement for care relative to his/her age specific need. Has the knowledge and skill necessary to modify care according to patient(s) age. Successfully complete the Cardiac dysrhythmia test or Cardiac dysrhythmia course within 3 months of hire. NIH Stroke Scale certification upon hire. Emergency Department– CPI certification Behavioral Health – CPI certification Women’s Services – Breastfeeding course Labor and Delivery, Antepartum RN —fetal monitoring course and breastfeeding course.
- Additional skills preferred: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".