Aug 18, 2022
Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Novant Health is seeking an Intermediate Care nurse to work with a team that fosters growth, support and optimal care to both our patients and team members. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. If your RN nursing license has been inactive, retired or lapsed for five years or more and you have not been licensed in another state during the last five years, successful completion of a Board approved refresher course is required prior to reactivating or reinstating your license. In order to be considered for current licensure status, you must apply for reinstatement within one year of completing the refresher course
- Experience: One year relevant experience Preferred
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in appropriate state Required CPI certification within three months of hire. Required PALS for adolescent unit Preferred
- Additional Skills Required: Ability to perform all CPI physical holds. Ability to care for Behavioral Health age specific patients within facility. Ability to establish and maintain control of violent patients, defend self and others against violent assaults, ability to react appropriately in psychiatric crises, ability use violent and non-violent restraints per policy and procedure. Ability to comprehend policies and procedures and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team. Ability to intervene in a therapeutic manner for behavior patterns demonstrated by patients with a mental illness, personality disorder, substance abuse or developmental disabilities. Knowledge of psychiatric medications, side effects and treatment interventions, knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis, mental health concepts, and evidence based therapeutic interventions and treatments
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".