Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady!
The Central Sterile Technician I performs decontamination, preparation, sterilization and distribution of surgical, diagnostic and clinical instrumentation in accordance with IAHCSMM/ CBSPD , AAMI, AORN, JACHO requirements and recommendations.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Minimum six (6) months of Sterile Processing experience required
- Operating Room Technician experience preferred
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) Certification from IAHCSMM, or Sterile Processing & Distribution (SPD) Technician Certification from CBSPD within 12 month period after successful completion of SPD training program as evidence by demonstrating behavioral SPD competencies, and score of >85% on written knowledge SPD assessment required
- Knowledge of sterilization supplies, equipment and instruments
- Knowledge of organizing, containing, and transporting items of varying compounds, textures or quantities
- Knowledge of transporting and disposing of hazardous materials and sharp objects according to hospital procedures
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures of various equipment and instruments
- Knowledge of wrapping and repackaging sterilized instruments
- Skill in using sterilization equipment and instruments
- Skill in arranging instruments on surgical trays
- Basic computer skills
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.