We are looking for a Senior Hospitalist Coordinator for the HUM Hospitalists Department at Providence Medical Foundation.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days (Variable Shifts)
The SJHMG Senior Hospitalists Coordinator provides administrative and clerical support for the Northern California region of Providence St. Joseph Health System Regional Float Pool, Hospitalist Department provider Program. This position is primarily responsible for the CV facilitation, interview coordination, physician employment offer letter, credentialing and malpractice application process, and onboarding needs. Coordinates the completion of all of the relevant paperwork necessary for regional Float Pool provider credentialing; licensing and billing with 4 hospitals and 3 separate medical groups teams, using effective and clear communication over a broad geographic region. Observes confidentiality when completing assigned tasks
- Creates, maintains, and distributes provider credentialing, privileges and onboarding tracker for All SJHMG Float Pool Hospitalist providers based on approved staffing model.
- Maintains clear communication between hospital and medical group needs
- Primary contact between PS&D and float pool admin for recruiting
- Facilitating flow of CVs
- Arranging site visits where needed (in conjunction with local team)
- Preparing and sending offer letters to physicians
- Provides appropriate documentation to Medical Staff Services (MSS) needed to obtain DEA, state licensing, certificate of insurance, privilege renewals by obtaining and providing supporting documentation.
- Close liaison with local teams to facilitate onboarding
- Ensure a smooth provider onboarding. Coordinate and track all components of provider onboarding including but not limited to:
- Assisting as needed to obtain all necessary paperwork from the provider for Heritage Credentialing and introducing them to Hospital Credentialing for all 4 Northern California Hospitals
- Contact to inform physicians of benefits enrollment, obtain new hire documentation and liability insurance coverage.
- Primary Contact between physicians and Norcal (PLI carrier) for all malpractice insurance related issues
- Work closely with payroll team in Region for hospitalist float team
- Work closely with scheduling team in Region for hospitalist float team
- Compiles reports as requested (e.g. recruitment, new physicians).
- Continue onboarding process for the initial 6 months of hire/orientation at all Regional Float Pool locations.
- Ability and authority to approve invoices and payroll
- Submit and track supply ordering
- Meeting with medical directors to provide feedback about physician and provider performance
- Initiate, track, submit and oversee the ‘Physician Employment Agreement’ process
- Maintain ‘Employment Eligibility’ documentation and tracking recertification as needed
- Educating providers and Tracking the benefits enrollment process
- Providing references and completing verifications of employment for all providers
- Maintain and compile work logs for providers
- Understand and interpret provider contract language and details
- Track and develop payroll based on the providers scheduled hours
- Reviewing CV’s, doing initial phone screen and direct the entire interview and pre-boarding process for all providers
- Schedule and track all new provider orientation efforts
- Track and initiate all initial and re-appointment hospital privileges
- Initial point of contact for provider leave of absence needs and tracking
- Reimbursement processing
- Coordinate and track medical directorship logs
- Maintain confidentiality
- Locums coordination including work vs. payment processin
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Minimum Position Requirements:
Experience: 2 years Hospital or physician office experience
Licenses/Certifications: Valid CA Driver License
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or other relevant area of study
Providence Medical Foundation (formerly St. Joseph Heritage Health) includes seven medical groups throughout Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County. With 175 locations and nearly 4,000 caregivers (employees), Providence Medical Foundation has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, receiving top honors from various organizations, including the Orange County Medical Association for Physicians of Excellence and the Integrated Healthcare Association with distinction in clinical quality. Providence Medical Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Medical Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Providence Medical Foundation
Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: R354372