Pathways Hospice has an immediate opening for a C.N.A. to assist with patient care needs in the Ft. Collins area. Sign on bonus $2500
LOCATION: Ft. Collins, CO
PAY RANGE: $16.46 - $18.54 / hour
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Paid Mileage, Shift Diff/Stipends/Overtime
MILEAGE AND EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT: 53 cents per mile
CULTURE, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- We value diversity, equity and inclusion and know it matters for our team members and our patients. We provide welcoming, supportive and inclusive care to our patients and a work environment where all team members feel respected and valued.
- We support a culture of work-life balance and provide team members a free, confidential and robust benefit program designed to provide solutions to the logistical and financial problems that arise in life.
- Paid Time Off (PTO/Vacation Pay/Sick Leave) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank): accrued
- Seven Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50% match up to 8% of your compensation
- Early Wage Access
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Medical and Dental Coverages with Employer Contribution: employee rates have not increased four of the last six years
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Funding: Single $1,000, Family $2,000
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability: Company Paid
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Employer Assistance Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
REWARDING WORK YOU WILL DO:
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) provides quality supportive and skilled care within their scope of practice to promote comfort and dignity for patients in the hospice care, palliative care and/or home care setting. Represents agency positivity and upholds positive public relations with patients, families and facility staff. The Certified Nursing Assistant is able to work with neonates through geriatrics.
- Delivers care based on the Plan of Care (POC) established by the RN Case Manager and/or assigned RN. Communicates to Clinical Manager, RN Case Manager or assigned RN regarding their observations and knowledge of patient needs and preferences. Is a part of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG) and participates in meetings as assigned.
- Communicates with the Case Manager, as needed, regarding Plan of Care and any urgent needs regarding patient care. If unavailable, will reach out to the Clinical Manager accordingly.
- Assists with ambulation, range-of-motion exercises, positioning, turning and transfers according to patient’s abilities, tolerance and preference.
- Takes and records vital signs, observes changes in patient’s condition or behavior; promptly reports any changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
- Provides personal care to patients, including bathing, peri-care, shampoo, oral hygiene, denture care, nail care, shaving and assisting with dressing.
- Aides/assists with patient’s toileting needs, including bedpan/urinal use, catheter care, changing briefs, and when delegated and supervised, administers suppositories/enemas.
- Periodically addresses food and fluid issues by preparing meals, feeding patient and/or offering fluids.
- Helps to maintains patient’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears or other damage by changing incontinent patients, turning, repositioning and applying lotion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: One year CNA experience desired (hospice preferred). Six month’s CNA experienced desired if position is for home health. New Graduates accepted.
- Required License: Current Colorado CNA license. Valid Colorado driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Current CPR certification. CPR must be provided and/or obtained within 14 days of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
Pathways Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip Pathways Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.