The Denver Hospice has an immediate opening for a RN - PRN at the Inpatient Care Center.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
SCHEDULE: 4 Shifts/month - Could work any day of the week depending on needs - Nights
PAY RANGE: $32.55 - $40.53
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Paid Mileage/Shift Diff/Stipends/Overtime
MILEAGE AND EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT: 53 cents per mile
CULTURE, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- We value diversity, equity and inclusion and know it matters for our team members and our patients. We provide welcoming, supportive and inclusive care to our patients and a work environment where all team members feel respected and valued.
- We support a culture of work-life balance and provide team members a free, confidential and robust benefit program designed to provide solutions to the logistical and financial problems that arise in life.
- Paid Time Off (PTO/Vacation Pay/Sick Leave) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank): accrued
- Seven Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50% match up to 8% of your compensation
- Early Wage Access
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Medical and Dental Coverages with Employer Contribution: employee rates have not increased four of the last six years
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Funding: Single $1,000, Family $2,000 (2022)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability: Company Paid
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Employer Assistance Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
REWARDING WORK YOU WILL DO:
Provides patient care using nursing skills and processes in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice, keeping within the policies, values and mission of the organization. The RN is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG).
- Provides skilled nursing coordination of care to patients (neonates to geriatrics) as determined by the Plan of Care (POC). Uses education, mentoring, guidance and interventions to achieve goals of care.
- Collaborates across disciplines to coordinate patient care; participates in the POC in IDT/IDG meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrates appropriate nursing care, including communicating with attending provider for medications and supplies.
- Educates patients, families, caregivers and community regarding hospice philosophy and palliative treatments or home health, if applicable.
- Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific tasks per agency policy.
- Participates in related services, such as community education, team training, staff/board committees and orientation of employees.
- Understands the acute care needs of patients admitted to the Inpatient/Critical Care Units.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and admissions processes for newly admitted patients.
- Manages customer service needs that are unique to a care unit.
WHAT WE WILL LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One to two (1-2) years of experience in hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Current CPR certification (for Pathways, The Denver Hospice and Pikes Peak affiliates). CPR must be provided and/or obtained within 14 days of hire.
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
The Denver Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip The Denver Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.