Oncology Nurse RN - Lee's Summit
KUCC - East - Lee's Summit
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
- Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills. Demonstrates ability to provide care/service safely and efficiently for the care of each patient.
Assesses and interprets the patient status utilizing physical assessment, laboratory and diagnostic procedure results, and the patient interview. Uses this information to provide patient care utilizing the nursing process.
Demonstrates knowledge and skill in all aspects of IV therapy, i.e., hydration, chemotherapy, biotherapy, and blood products.
Manages patient care based on knowledge of cancer, cancer treatment, and side effects of such treatment.
Provides education to the patient and family regarding disease and treatment plan.
Contributes to the orientation, education, and evaluation of new staff and the community.
Consults with members of the interdisciplinary team regarding pertinent patient issues and collaborates with research staff regarding ongoing studies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse, State of Kansas or Missouri based on where service is provided
- 2 years of experience in oncology
- BLS Certification
- Experience as Treatment Room RN or Practice RN in Oncology and BMT
- IV Therapy skills
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to prioritize patient care issues and triage patient telephone calls
- 4 years of experience in oncology
- OCN certification
- ONS Chemo/Bio certification
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.