Capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
- Relationship Based Care reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship Based Care: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Serves, manages and supports internal and external customers.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Participates as a team member and is accountable for own work responsibilities.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $28.22 - $46.56 Hourly
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.