This recruitment offers a $10,000.00 Recruitment Incentive to eligible new employees joining UW Medicine#UWMRecruitmentIncentive
A higher degree of healthcare.
All across UW Medicine, our employees collaborate to perform the highest quality work with integrity and compassion and to create a respectful, welcoming environment where every patient, family, student and colleague is valued and honored.
Join our award-winning team at UW Medical Center - Montlake. Among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020 "America's Best Hospitals", UW Medical Center - Montlake prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UW Medical Center - Montlake has again earned U.S. News & World Report’s No. 1 hospital ranking in Washington State and in the Seattle metropolitan area. It is the seventh consecutive year that UW Medical Center - Montlake has achieved both distinctions.
Excellence. Exploration. Education. Become part of our team, and join our mission to make life healthier for everyone in our community.
UW Medical Center - Montlake has an outstanding opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our Radiology team. Our Radiology/Imaging Services RNs provide radiology care for patients from all areas of UWMC, inpatient and outpatient. RN's who work in our department provide procedural care including IV starts, conscious sedation monitoring and nursing assessment.
For the Radiology Patient Care Coordinator position:
• Functioning as liaison between patients, physicians, PCC and other healthcare providers
• Clinical coordination and scheduling of Radiology/Interventional Radiology clinic and procedure patients
Provides care for individual patients over the telephone using the nursing process by:
• Consistently, following policies and procedures for providing telephone medical advice to patient who will or have had a procedure performed by Interventional Radiology
• Consistently, documenting care provided via telephone per UWMC policy
• Is responsible for triage of incoming phone calls from patients experiencing medical problems
• Integrates patient and family education into the delivery of care, ensuring educational activities are culturally appropriate and are tailored to the patient’s and family’s ability to comprehend post & pre-procedure instructions
• Utilizes a variety of sources to determine the patient's clinical condition, identifies available resources, and participates in planning to meet patient needs
Full-time. Day shift. Three Twelve Hour Shifts available!
2 years Med/Surg RN or ED experience required. ACLS/BLS required within six months of hire.
Active Registered Nurse license in Washington State.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center - Montlake, UW Medical Center - Northwest, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, and Airlift Northwest.