|Join Harborview Medical Center's teams of outstanding med/surg/acute care/tele nurses! (Registered Nurse 2; RN2). Harborview Medical Center is a level one adult and pediatric trauma center as well as regional burn center for a four state region; a teaching and research hospital for the University of Washington; and a public/safety-net hospital for our diverse community
This recruitment offers a $5,000 Recruitment Incentive to eligible new employees joining UW Medicine#UWMRecruitmentIncentive
**Acute Care, Med-Surg, Tele**
*3EH - Med/Tele - 90% FTE Night position currently open; and per diem position open.
*4EH - Med/Tele/Oncology - *4EH - Med/Tele/Oncology - 90% FTE Day shift & 90% FTE Night shift position open.
*4WH - Trauma Rehabilitation - 100%, Day shift (two week schedule - four-12hr shifts & four 8 hour shifts), 90%, Day shift, 90% FTE, Evening shift (8hr shifts- 3pm-11:30pm; and per diem Night shift, Day shift & Variable shift positions.
*5EH - Med/Surg/Tele - 90% FTE Night position currently open; and per diem position open.
*6EH - Ortho Trauma - 90% FTE Night position & 90% FTE Day position currently open; per diem positions available (per diem - minimum availability 6 -8 shifts per month, day/evening shift, at least two weekend shifts per month)..
*6MB - Planned Surgery (also includes med/surg/ortho/neuro/trauma; 90% night & 90% day position currently open; and per diem position open.
*7EH - Trauma/General Surgery - 100% FTE, Night shift position open; per diem variable position open.
*8EH - Burns/Plastics/Peds - 90% FTE Night position open.
*Acute Care Float Pool - 90% FTE Night position open; and per diem position open.
*3WH - Neuro/Tele- 90% FTE Night position open; and, per diem Variable position open (per diem position with a minimum availability of 6 -8 shifts per month).
***3WH - Neuro/Tele (Neuroscience) is an award winning 45 bed acute care unit***
floor specializes in the management of acute trauma and acute
vascular disease, patients with aneurysms, as well as other
neurosurgical problems such as brain tumors and spinal disorders.
We also provide expert management of stroke and epilepsy patients.
Harborview's Neurosciences acute care (neuro/tele) unit is a
Comprehensive Stroke Center and proud to be the recipient of the Top
Box and Patient Satisfaction Award for five quarters. We can thank the
wonderful Achievements and Great work to the amazing leaders and staff
members who make up the 3 West family!
Harborview Acute Care Unit Descriptions:
• 3EH, 3 East Hospital- Medicine/Telemetry - is a 32 bed acute care unit that works with a multidisciplinary care team to care for patients with a wide range of complex medical/surgical problems that often encompasses chronic underlying conditions, cardiac issues, substance abuse, and socioeconomic difficulties.
• 4EH, 4 East Hospital- Medicine/Telemetry/Oncology -Provides safe, quality care for acutely ill adult patients experiencing a wide range of complex medical and surgical problems, including the COVID19 patient population.
• 4WH --4W Inpatient Trauma Rehabilitation provides care 24 hours a day to our rehabilitation inpatients with therapy provided 3-6 hours per day, 6 days per week. Inpatient rehabilitation is provided for stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and disease, multiple trauma, and burns. In addition to our rehabilitation patients, we have 4 medical-surgical beds for acute care patients who are potential rehabilitation candidates but not yet ready for rehabilitation and for the post-operative stay of our sacral flap patients.
• 5EH, 5 East Hospital- Medicine/Surgical/Telemetry- Provide quality care to a wide range of complex and acutely ill patients, primarily medicine, cardiology and surgical and vascular patients requiring telemetry monitoring.
• 6EH, 6 East Hospital Trauma/Orthopedic- is a 26-bed unit specializing in acute care level orthopedic injuries as well as medicine and other general surgery patients. Patients have typically sustained complex orthopedic injuries including fractures of the spine, pelvis, long bones, hands or feet.
6 East Hospital also specializes in the care of patients who have undergone replantation surgeries and flap procedures.
• 6MB, 6 Maleng Bldg.- Planned Surgery- is a 30 bed unit includes med/surg/ortho/neuro/trauma- Common surgeries include complex foot and ankle surgeries including total ankle, complex spine surgery, neurosurgery. Caring for patients from all of the surgical specialties (except burns). Exposure to a broad range of patient cases.
• 7EH, 7 East Hospital –Trauma/Surgery - staff members work as an interdisciplinary team to provide safe, quality care for adult, geriatric and adolescent trauma, general surgery, and vascular surgery patients. These patients have unique challenges often encompassing complex wound care, substance abuse and chronic underlying conditions. The unit staff consists of RNs with assistive nursing support staff.
• 8EH, 8 East Hospital- Acute Care Burns/ Plastics and Pediatric Trauma- is a 24-bed unit that is a part of the Regional Burn Center and Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma center for the WAMI Region. Our staff are specialized in caring for adult and pediatric patients with burns, complex wound care and pediatric trauma. We work closely with multidisciplinary teams and utilize their expertise in order to provide holistic and patient family-centered care to ensure the best possible outcome for our patients.
|Legal Requirement - Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Washington.|
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.