LOCATION: Denver, CO
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday - Days
PAY RANGE: $35.32 - $43.97
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Overtime
MILEAGE AND EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT: 53 cents per mile
CULTURE, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- We value diversity, equity and inclusion and know it matters for our team members and our patients. We provide welcoming, supportive and inclusive care to our patients and a work environment where all team members feel respected and valued.
- We support a culture of work-life balance and provide team members a free, confidential and robust benefit program designed to provide solutions to the logistical and financial problems that arise in life.
- Paid Time Off (PTO/Vacation Pay/Sick Leave) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank): accrued
- Seven Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50% match up to 8% of your compensation
- Early Wage Access
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Medical and Dental Coverages with Employer Contribution: employee rates have not increased four of the last six years
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Funding: Single $1,000, Family $2,000 (2022)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability: Company Paid
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Employer Assistance Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
REWARDING WORK YOU WILL DO:
Provides clinical professional development and education services to staff. Prepares employees for clinical practice and supports employees in acquiring the knowledge and skills to perform superior patient care. Creates and delivers training material to all staff members in a variety of formats including one-on-one and group settings.
- Develops learning strategies as assigned by the supervisor and/or the Coordinator of Education.
- Assists in assessing the clinical training needs of staff.
- Collaborates with team members in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care delivery, as requested.
- Applies knowledge of adult learning theory, methods, and techniques to design and develop high quality, effective blended learning solutions, including instructor led, web-based, video, self-study, games, role-plays, instructional infographics, etc.
- Works with subject matter experts to identify the target audience’s learning needs to design orientation and professional development programs and individual courses; completes audience analyses to determine knowledge, experience, technical skills and expectations.
- Writes instructional goals and creates content that enables learners to become knowledgeable and proficient.
- Ensures an experiential-blended learning model that is scalable to meet the needs of the affiliate’s mobile workforce.
- Creates engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Utilizes feedback from learners and subject matter experts to continuously improve curriculum.
- Coordinates and conducts ongoing education programs; delivers education to small and large groups.
- Creates and develops simulation labs that will professionally develop and educate clinical staff and empower them with the ability to enhance the patient and family experience to the highest level.
- Mentors/trains clinical nurses ensuring they have complete knowledge of their clinical practice/responsibilities as well as electronic medical records (EMR) and documentation.
- Incorporates documentation standards in all learning strategies.
- Conducts comprehensive evaluations of education activities.
- Serves as a reference and resource for clinical questions and procedures to all clinical staff.
- Organizes or schedules people/tasks and develops action plans leading to specified goals.
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in nursing. CHPN certification preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Three (3) years nursing experience strongly preferred. Experience in hospice, palliative care and/or home health nursing preferred. Two (2) years in an education role (i.e., mentor/preceptor, clinical education) preferred.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Current CPR certification. CPR must be provided and/or obtained within 14 days of hire. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
The Denver Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip The Denver Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.