Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Provides thorough and Accurate Assessments, Interventions, and Treatments for Emergent and Non-Emergent Patients in fast-paced Urgent Care Setting with high patient volume. Utilizes Critical Thinking and Knowledge of Abnormal Findings to Respond and React with Appropriate Interventions based on detailed Treatment Protocols without need of Direct Physician Supervision. Functions Independently as a Clinical Leader and within the team as a Community Resource, Educator, Advocate, and Consultant. Appropriately Triage's and Determines Priority of Care for Patients of all ages based on Physical, Psychological, and Social Needs. Collaborates with Physician and other Team Members to Facilitate Patient flow and Ensure Quality and Timeliness of Care for All Patients. Embodies GHS Compassion Standards in All Interactions and Aids in Providing an Exceptional Experience for All Patients and Families Presenting to MD360.
Sign-on bonus for qualified external candidates until 3/31/2022
* Provides Efficient Direct Patient Care in an Urgent Care Setting. Maintains an Advanced Knowledge Base of Disease Entities, Medications, and Other Treatments and Procedures Specific to Urgent care/ Emergent Practice. Provides Timely and Accurate Assessment, Evaluation and Treatment of Patients of All Ages. Consistently Evaluates Effectiveness of Care, Monitors and Documents Changes in Patient Conditions, and Intervenes as necessary according to Policy or After Consultation with Physician. Delegates Appropriately to Unlicensed Assistive Personnel and Monitors their Performance. 50%
* Performs Triage Accurately and Directs Physician Exams According to Patient Acuity. Initiates Tests prior to Physician Exam According to Written Protocols as Appropriate Based on Patient Assessment. Collaborates with Physician to determine Management of Emergent Patients and Prepares the Patient for Transfer if Necessary. Participates in Continuous Evaluation of Patient Flow and Rounds on Waiting Patients to Provide Explanations and Updates as Appropriate. 20%
* Serves as an Advocate for Patient and Family Members. Assesses Learning Needs of Patients and Families and Provides Education.Returns Telephone Encounters Promptly during assigned shift if possible. Discusses Patient Questions or Concerns with Physician if needed and Informs Patient of Physician Recommendations and Any Necessary Follow Up. Schedules Outpatient Diagnostic Testing and Ensures Necessary Pre-certification is Completed prior to Exam. 10%
* Proactively Supports the Revenue Cycle and Searches for Opportunities for Cost Savings Including Managing Shift Assignments and Flexing Schedules as Appropriate Based on Patient Volume . Documents all Procedures Accurately in the Medical Record According to Regulations to Capture Appropriate Charges and Meet Regulatory Requirements. Ensures Proper Billing Codes and Medication Identification Numbers are Documented to Reduce Charge Corrections. 5%
* Assists Physician during Examination, Treatments and Procedures. Provides Age-Appropriate Comfort and Safety Measures for Patient Before, During, and after the Procedure. Assumes Responsibility for Patient Safety by Maintaining a Safe Environment to Include Awareness of Safety Procedures, Protocols and Adherence to Patient Care Standards. Maintains Patient Privacy and Confidentiality at All Times. 5%
* Participates in Maintenance of Clean and Organized Work Environment that is in Accordance with Organizational Policies, Infection Control Standards, and Regulatory Requirements. Keeps Clinical Area Stocked and Free of Expired Medications and Supplies. 5%
* Champions the Development, Implementation and Evaluation of Improvement Projects and Policies and Procedures Specific to the Facility. Assists with Precepting and Mentoring New Team Members and Students until they are Proficient. Fosters Team Development and Works with Team Members to Address Identified Areas of Improvement. 5%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Associate's Degree- Nursing
1 Year - Clinical Nursing Experience in Emergency Department or Urgent Care Setting.
RN - REGISTERED NURSE - NLRN
In lieu of the Above Minimum Requirements
In lieu of the 1 year Nursing Experience in an Emergency or Urgent Care Setting will accept 1 Year Paramedic, Nursing Technician or CMA Experience in Emergency Department with 1 Year Acute Care Nursing Experience.
Other Required Skills
Patient Equipment (Vitals, Suction, Defib)
IV and Phlebotomy Competency
Other Required Experience
BSN - Preferred
Certification in Specialty Area
Current BLS, ACLS, Arrhythmia Training, ENPC (preferred) or PALS
Experience in Emergency Department - Preferred
Variable (United States of America)
Urgent Care - Greer
2178 Urgent Care - Greer
21781000 Urgent Care - Greer-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.