Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) - Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation - Weekend Premium (Nights)
Weekend Nights - Full Time, Weekend Nights - Part Time
Acute Inpatient Rehab
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Earn more just by working weekends!
Nurses in our Premium Paid Weekend Shift Program earn an hourly bonus on top of their base rate. We currently have an opening for Clinical Nurse for a full time or part time night shift weekend premium.
The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Our unit culture thrives on interdisciplinary teamwork and collaboration to help our patients meet goals for successful return to home after major trauma or illness. We offer a work environment that allows the nursing team the resources needed to provide high quality care with a typical 4 to 1 patient to RN ratio. Rehabilitation nurses love rehab nursing because we get to see our patients recover and go home. Our vision “Restoring Function and Rebuilding Lives” really says it all!
Adult patients of all ages rely on Rehabilitation Medicine to help them recover from debilitating injuries and illnesses and learn to care for themselves using adaptive techniques and equipment. Our goal is to help the patient return back to home, community, and work. Our staff cares for patients with brain and spinal cord injuries, neurological diseases, multiple trauma, complex burns, organ transplants, cancer, pulmonary, cardiac, and renal conditions and patients with debility recovering from complex medical and surgical conditions.
The Rehab Unit is housed in a four-story facility on the southwest corner of 39th Street and Rainbow Boulevard. The facility's second floor offers space for the hospital's Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Facility and also offers patients and staff improved environment, services and equipment. The facility offers a wide range of patient amenities, including a large gym, large showers in each room to accommodate shower benches and shower-chairs, and a kitchen and laundry to help patients prepare for self-care at home. It also offers home-like features, such as a family lounge, sleeper couches in patient rooms, and a dining room where patients can dine as a group.
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Patient Care Services - Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHS. Must have at least 2 years of experience first for this unit.
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas or compact license
- 6 months or more experience as a Clinical Nurse
- BSN - Inpatient Acute Rehab accepts ADN grads who are willing to complete a BSN within 5 years of date of hire
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.