We are looking for a Clinic Registered Nurse II with a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for the HUM Harrison Family Practice Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare. $5,000 Sign-on Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the St. Joseph Heritage Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Demonstrates initiative in the delivery of patient care in a Team Based Care model.
- Adapts to different provider preferences in patient care treatment
- Welcomes feedback from other team members in order to better improve patient outcomes and team efficiency.
- Provides feedback to team in an appropriate fashion in order to improve outcomes
- Champions continued growth and learning of oneself as well as team members
- Remains flexible to changes in workflows and scheduling needs
- Understands own and team members’ scope of practice and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in site/pod specific operations and patient care activities.
- Shares responsibility and authority with the care team and holds each team member accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Nursing Process:
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan through appropriate follow up.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation, and education.
- Ensures plan is reflective of on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs, and appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant others, and completed in a timely manner.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development and completion of plan including barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands plan of care. Identify barriers and needs for patient/family education that will facilitate the plan of care.
- Identifies and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient condition, treatment or plan of care.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, and administration instructions.
- Implement Standardized Procedures after demonstrated competency
- Patient Care Experience:
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the patient's ability to utilize resources.
- Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can understand and ensures comprehension.
- Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members' expectations.
- Team Commitment:
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services, daily huddles, Team Based Care monthly meetings, and staff meetings as required, actively participates in other departmental professional development. (Requirement may vary for per diem staff).
- Participates with the assessment of current and future site/pod learning needs.
- Keeps self-informed of activities the team and makes appropriate recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program. Reports to assigned area promptly, being present and available for report at beginning of assigned shift.
- Fiscal Responsibility:
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum potential.
- Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment including Word, Excel and Microsoft Office e-mail system. Past experience with an electronic health record system.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess a professional and mature demeanor.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent and effective leadership skills with the ability to remain flexible, cooperative, and assist others.
- Ability to confront difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions with the ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect, kindness and compassion.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and work with interruptions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.
- EMR experience in Epic, Touchworks, IDX, and Microsoft Office experience a plus.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: 1 year RN experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
- Current CA RN license.
- Current BLS certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Previous experience in a leadership role.
- 2 years RN experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting highly desirable.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Providence Medical Foundation
Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: R348596