Novant Health's Surgical Float Pool needs an Operating Room Registered Nurse with two (2) years of recent, consecutive Operating Room experience to join the Super Float Pool.
The Float Pool RN will serve as a healthcare team leader by:
- Establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their support system
- Utilizing the best scientific evidence and compassionate care to assist in navigating our patient's healthcare journey.
Benefits of joining the Surgical Services Float Pool:
- Experience travel nursing without the travel - Work within the same healthcare system while experiencing new units and new faces.
- No more of the "same ole' routine" - Working in various hospitals and facilities helps to keep the days fresh and exciting. Each shift can be a new adventure that may introduce you to a specialty area you had never previously considered.
- Gain impressive work experience for career building - Experience gained over time as a float nurse within a healthcare system can demonstrate that you are a reliable and dedicated employee that can learn on the go and rise to a variety of challenges.
- Compensation - Full- and Part-time float nurses receive a competitive compensation package and additional float pay per hour. PRN float nurses will receive an elevated flat rate.
- Other Compensation - Opportunity to earn quarterly bonus incentives.
Super Float Pool Overview
- Start time vary from 5:00am to 8:00am – 8- or 12-hour shifts.
- Be part of a market-based team that is assigned to varying units to ensure that patient care needs are met within the assigned facility.
- Will have the skills, competency, and qualifications to work in all acute care facilities and Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC) within the defined Greater Winston-Salem Market (GWSM).
- You are responsible for providing safe, continuous quality patient care in a variety of settings.
Surgical Services Specific
- Perform in scrub, circulating, and first assistant or pre/post S operative roles.
- Assign activities to staff based on qualifications and patient needs.
- Perform based on departmental policies (i.e., Surgical counts, time out or anesthesia blocks).
- Continually monitor and anticipate the needs of the interdisciplinary team.
- Proficient in telephone screening and interviewing skills.
- Use facility resources appropriately and avoid wasteful practices.
- Analyze work area and make recommendations for potential cost effective or process improvements.
Our OR nurses, their number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how you contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth!