Full Time Pre/Post Nurse (RN) - Indian Creek Campus
Indian Creek Main
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Perioperative RN provides professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery through collaboration with all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnosis/patient care priorities.
- Collaborates and coordinates care of the patient with the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit.
- Develops and updates the patient plan of care.
- Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and revises plan of care on an ongoing basis.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, handoffs, etc.).
- Implements the plan of care utilizing resources and best evidence. - Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine.
- Involves patient/family in identification of expected outcomes and goals. - Participates in unit and/or department quality improvement efforts.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Perioperative nursing experience
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.