Procedural Cardiology Nurse
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Cardiology Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care deliver through collaboration with all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Critically evaluate emergency situations and initiate appropriate intervention; collaborates with physician for recommendations to address patient’s problems or questions.
- Facilitates efficient patient workflow in clinic setting. Maintain physicians’ patient list and answer consult page; collaborate with other rounding nurses, and ARNP’s in triage of new admissions, consults and discharges.
- Assess and evaluate patients for discharge planning; work with care coordinator to facilitate home assessment, home care, medications, education, nutrition and follow-up.
- Follows policies/procedures regarding Amiodarone and Coumadin management and follow-up. Educates patient/family on new medication therapy.
- Reviews all labs, x-ray reports; enter data in the electronic medical record (EMR), report results and physician recommendations to patient as needed.
- Administer emergency drugs and use defibrillator following ACLS protocols.
- Perform venipunctures and perform EKG’s when necessary.
- Arrange for follow-up appointments through central scheduling and CV follow-up form.
- Communicate with appropriate outpatient cardiology staff for outpatient management.
- Support initiatives to meet appropriate length of stay and disease management outcomes; facilitate timely discharge of patients.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current active Registered Nurse license in KS and MO
- Minimum two years of RN experience
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.