AMBULATORY CLINIC RN CARE COOR PRN (Open)
Westwood Medical Pavilion - West
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The PRN Ambulatory Clinic RN Care Coordinator is a licensed registered professional nurse who is a clinical expert who provides ethical, evidence-based, safe and compassionate nursing care. The PRN Ambulatory Clinic RN Care Coordinator focuses on patient safety and the quality of nursing care by identifying and clarifying patient needs, conducting health education, promoting patient advocacy, coordinating healthcare services, and evaluating patient outcomes. The RN Care Coordinator will provide support to their assigned physicians by communicating with the patient/family/caregiver
and relaying the information to the physician. They will provide support during the physician’s clinic sessions and ensuring the patient/family/caregiver
understands the plan of care. They will verify all orders placed during the clinic session have been completed and the physician has been notified of the results.
- Responsible for management of patient flow, triage, and direct patient care.
- Liaison of communication between front desk staff, nursing staff, physicians, and clinic manager
- Manage the care of the patient population by developing expected patient outcomes, defining appropriate resource utilization, and working with the provider to set patient goals.
- Provide nursing support/coordination to the practice in order to optimize patient outcomes and to improve patient’s quality of life through clinical and educational programs and/or support services.
- Support patient self-management of disease.
- Coordinate continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge, and ER visits.
- Manage high risk patient care, including management of patients with multiple co-morbidities or high risk for readmission to a hospital setting, including a registry.
- Develop relationships with patients and competently uses assessment skills to identify physical, psychosocial, financial, and environmental health care needs of the patient.
- Educate the patient and appropriate ancillary personnel about the health care needs, safety issues and benefits which include patient education.
- Utilize available electronic tools, such as EMR, to efficiently document assessments, clinical finds, plans of treatment and progress toward goals.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Records tests and examination results and then follows up with patient. Posts tests and examination results.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- In providing patient care, document using EMR to maintain and/or develop patient records in compliance with practice standards.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- BSN degree required (for existing employees in role, BSN required within 5 years)
- BLS Certification
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state
- 2 years of RN experience
- Will consider in lieu of RN experience a TUKHS Ambulatory Clinic LPN with 4 years of TUKHS experience that would remain in the same clinic setting
- Previous medical office experience
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.