Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective healthcare as a provider of direct and indirect patient care and by effective of the health care team. Functions as a competent member of the health care team.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Demonstrates clinical nursing knowledge and skill in the specialization of the unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply the nursing process effectively in the care of culturally diverse patients and families. Demonstrates the ability to utilize all applicable laws, policies, standards, guidelines and evidence-based practice in the provision of patient/family care.
- Organizes and reprioritizes patient care activities based on subtle and overt and/or environmental changes.
- Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data and identify learning needs according to established standards and policies.
- Utilizes a systematic, continuous and complete analysis of assessment data to develop individualized problem lists for assigned patients.
- Develops and individualizes a plan of care for each patient in accordance with established standards, appropriate prioritization of problems/needs, and mutually agreed upon goals.
- Efficiently implements the patient's plan of care in accordance with applicable standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in medication administration, pain management and other unit or initiative specific skills.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the plan(s) of care, making revisions and recommendations based on analysis of patient responses to interventions.
10. Demonstrates the ability to assess the patient's/family's learning needs, readiness to learn, learning style, and presence of barriers to learning.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- If serving as a bilingual/multilingual interpreter, certification in Medical Interpretation is required to perform the duties of a qualified interpreter.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Adherence to the credentialing requirements of Luminis Health as stated in the nursing bylaws.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.