Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA), we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.
We are seeking positive and professional senior level Licensed Practical Nurse 4's to supervise and evaluate our LPNs and NACs in the care of our residents at the Washington Veteran’s Home. As a LPN 4, it will be your responsibility to ensure prompt and courteous interactions with residents, their families, visitors, and coworkers that build trust and confidence in the facility. Our Veteran residents are in need of skilled nursing care in their daily living activities, and this is your opportunity to do work within the mission of our agency in the most personal way.These positions will work the following shift: Thursday – Monday 10:00 p.m. – 6:30 a.m. with Tues/Wed Off or Sun/Mon Off.
- Under direction and supervision of a registered nurse, and in accordance with current standards of practice, functions as a responsible member of a health care team.
- Administers medications and treatments, or monitors self-administered medications of residents.
- Process physician orders.
- Plan, implement, and document appropriate discharge planning for residents.
- Perform basic nursing procedures.
- Direct, supervise and work as a team with subordinate Licensed Practical Nurses 2, Nursing Assistant Leads, and Nursing Assistants.
- Reviews Position Descriptions with assigned employees.
- Completes Performance Development Plans and Evaluations.
- Occasionally perform duties as Charge Nurse in absence of Registered Nurse 2.
- And much more!
- Currently hold a valid LPN license from the State of Washington
- Two (2) years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Understanding of accurate methods and practices of nursing and restorative care; personal hygiene and sanitation methods, record keeping, report preparation, infection control procedures and client rights.
- Experience in assessing, evaluating, and participating in the development of appropriate plans of care. Plan, implement, and document appropriate discharge planning for clients when appropriate. Perform selected nursing procedures.
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Must remain current in CPR after hire.
- Requires medical evaluation, fit testing, training and use of respiratory protection as required by the WA Industrial Safety & Act standards.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.