The Denver Hospice has an immediate opening for a field Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for our After Hours Team.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
SCHEDULE: Variable, 8 & 12 hour shifts
PAY RANGE: $24.29 - $30.24
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Paid Mileage, Shift Diffs, Stipends, Overtime
MILEAGE AND EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT: 53 cents per mile
CULTURE, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- We value diversity, equity and inclusion and know it matters for our team members and our patients. We provide welcoming, supportive and inclusive care to our patients and a work environment where all team members feel respected and valued.
- We support a culture of work-life balance and provide team members a free, confidential and robust benefit program designed to provide solutions to the logistical and financial problems that arise in life.
- Paid Time Off (PTO/Vacation Pay/Sick Leave) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank): accrued
- Seven Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50% match up to 8% of your compensation
- Early Wage Access
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Medical and Dental Coverages with Employer Contribution: employee rates have not increased four of the last six years
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Funding: Single $1,000, Family $2,000 (2022)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability: Company Paid
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Employer Assistance Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
REWARDING WORK YOU WILL DO:
Provides patient hospice, palliative and home health care in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice, keeping within the policies, values and mission of the organization. The LPN participates in Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG) meetings.
- Collaborates with RN Case Manager, Charge RN or assigned RN in the coordination of care to ensure Plan of Care (POC) is being followed. Attends IDG/IDT Meetings as assigned.
- Provides continuous monitoring of patient’s physical, emotional and spiritual care needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate nursing care, including communicating with attending provider for medications and supplies.
- Communicates patient and family information, status and level of care to RN, manager, provider and other IDT members.
- Assists with coordination and successful completion of patient transfers.
- Educates patients, families, caregivers and community regarding hospice philosophy, palliative and home health treatments.
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Minimum Experience: One year of experience in hospice, palliative care and/or home health, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado LPN license. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance. Current CPR certification (for Pathways, The Denver Hospice and Pikes Peak affiliates). CPR must be provided and/or obtained within 14 days of hire.
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
The Denver Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip The Denver Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.