LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – 2-Surgical Department at Parkview Randallia Hospital
Full-Time - 7pm - 7:30am Shift
- 36 hours per week.
- Weekend Requirement: Must self-schedule for 3 out of 8 weekend shifts every 4 weeks. Weekend shift considered Saturday or Sunday.
- Position is eligible for medical, dental, vision benefits and PTO (paid time off) accrual.
This position is eligible for a $7,500 welcome bonus for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- must be accepting a position with a 0.6 FTE or higher.
- cannot be a Parkview rehire from a bonus-eligible position within the last year.
- cannot owe a balance on a previously paid Parkview bonus.
- cannot be a current Parkview employee in a bonus-eligible position (internal RN new grads, ex. PCT transferring to LPN/RN are eligible as long as requirements above are met as well).
The 2-Surgical unit is located on the 2nd floor at Parkview Randallia. This is a 35 bed Med Surg unit with lower to moderate levels of acuity. Patient stays are short term with varieties of diagnosis including COPD, pneumonia, nursing home placements, alcohol withdraw, and drug dependency. Surgeries seen on this unit are appendectomy, cholecystectomy, gynecological, and ortho injuries.
Responsible for assisting Registered Nurses with care and assessment all age groups within the Standard of Care set by Parkview Health System and Indiana Nurse Practice Act.
Must be a graduate of practical nursing. Must be able to complete Parkview's General, Epic, and Jump Start Orientation and unit specific orientation as provided and required.
Valid Indiana Licensed Practical Nurse license required. Must have current CPR at or above the Healthcare Provider level from the American Heart Association or be able to obtain during Parkview-provided orientation class.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds, assist with lifting 100 pounds. Lifting requirement may be heavier for specified departments. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Tuition Assistance for continuing education offered.
- Benefits: Medical, dental and vision benefits offered as well as paid time off.
- Education: Clinical onboarding and orientation.
- Recognition: Magnet recognition. Top 100 hospitals recognition. Advisory Board Workplace of the Year.
- Culture: World-class teamwork. Personalized health journeys for coworkers and family members.
FROM OUT OF TOWN?
- Submit application and ask a Parkview recruiter about our hoteling program!