Ambulatory Clinic RN - Float Pool
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Ambulatory Clinic RN with our Float Pool, performing to their highest level of training, provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients in the clinic setting.
- Accurately performs data entry in both Hospital and Clinical information systems; assists with medical records as needed.
- Completes all FMLA and STD paperwork for provider to approve
- Coordinates with clerical and medical staff to provide efficient patient flow and quality patient care and satisfaction.
- Provides care team support as needs arise; coordinates with the patient care team to identify opportunities for pre-visit planning to occur prior to a patient's visit.
- Follows up with patients on lab results after provider has reviewed
- Orders patient care and clinical supplies and organizes sample closet.
- Performs injections, spirometry and EKGs as needed
- Performs prior authorizations on medications when needed; refills medications according to the refill protocols
- Prepares exam rooms between patients
- Provides MyChart activation instructions to patients and promotes patient engagement through its use
- Responds to triage calls and messages pertaining to patient care in a timely manner based off of medical necessity and addresses walk-in patient concerns.
- Rooms patients which includes: escorting patients to the exam room, obtaining patients’ weight and vital signs, reviewing patients’ medication list and referring physician information, proactively reviewing chronic/preventive services needed or overdue, providing patients with educational materials, and notifying provider when patient is ready for evaluation
- Scans into EMR any diagnostic/preventive services performed outside of The University of Kansas Hospital.
- Tracks transition of care activities to ensure receipt of health information (labs/referrals/imaging); assists patients with home health and hospice care when needed
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- BLS Certification
- RN state compact license in the state in which they live
- Basic typing and word processing ability required
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Previous medical office experience
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.