AMBULATORY CLINIC RN - Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Days - Full Time
Indian Creek Main
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Exciting new opportunity for an experienced RN at the University of Kansas Health System in the Orthopedics and Sports medicine ambulatory clinics.
Variety of schedule opportunities available; including 8 hr shifts and 12 hr shifts.
The ambulatory clinic professional registered nurse has the authority, responsibility, and shift accountability for the delivery of nursing care using the nursing process. The Registered Nurse (RN) accepts accountability, applies competent clinical knowledge and uses independent nursing judgment for care provided by self and by health care providers to who care is delegated to achieve quality patient care outcomes. The RN also must possess the ability to assess and interpret patient data needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Provides direct patient care within the ambulatory setting, based on the nursing process and within role/scope of practice.
- Preforms preliminary assessment of patients through observation and chart review to facilitate appropriate follow-up with the healthcare team.
- Evaluates unstable or complex patient care situations and facilitates appropriate intervention.
- Implements appropriate clinical decisions and demonstrates appropriate use of expert peers and/or management as applicable.
- Accepts accountability and uses independent nursing judgment for care provided by self and by healthcare providers to who care delegated.
- Demonstrates the appropriate use of standards, effective use of resources and evaluation of patient response in the delivery of patient care.
- Identifies teach/learning needs of patient.
- Responsible for educational instruction to patients and families with health care needs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of patient and family teaching and makes documentation in patient’s charts.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls.
- Completes necessary forms (i.e. FMLA, DME, Home Health orders and obtains physicians signatures as appropriate).
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
•Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
•Registered nurse - licensed in the state in which they will be working and proof of compact licensure submitted/applied for in the state in which the employee lives in
•Basic typing and word processing ability required
•Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
•Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.