Clinic Nurse (LPN or RN)- Central KS Orthopedic Group (Full-time/Days)
Central Kansas Orthopedic Group
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Provides professional nursing car for clinic patient following established standards and policies.
- Collects and assesses initial and on-going data about the health status of the patient. - Initiates and/or revises an individualized plan of care that includes immediate and long-term outcomes for the patient/family and reflects the plan of the entire health care team.
- Carries out interventions safely and in compliance with policy to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes.
- Evaluates patient response to intervention/therapy based upon expected outcomes.
- Provides patient education by explaining procedures, medications and giving instructions at a level the patient can understand; addresses patient’s questions and concerns; verifies patient informed consent when indicated.
- Documents and communicates all required components of patient care.
Great Bend Medical Pavilion:
- Assists physician or physician assistant as instructed. Performs procedures with direction from physician or assistant
- Prepares patient for provider assessment, records patient’s comments and chief complaint, obtains and records measurements and vital signs, performs waived testing when indicated. Knowledgeable of current immunization protocols. Assure completion of required physical exam forms. Screens for function, pain, nutritional needs and signs of abuse.
- Uses sound judgment in carrying out provider orders and initiating independent nurse treatments; clean wounds, administers tetanus, obtains and test lab specimens and performs other screening tests prior to physician or physician assistant exam. Bases judgment on educational background and clinic policies and protocols.
- Documents legibly, accurately, concisely, completely and promptly per professional standards. Knowledgeable in correction of errors, uses only approved abbreviations and correct spelling. Obtains consents and releases per policy and complies with required documentation of summary sheets. Signs all documentation.
- Receives and returns patient phone calls. Consults provider for orders. Enters documentation in chart. Monitors patient test results. Relays results to patients.
- Performs lab quality control testing. Records testing results on daily log and on required forms.
- Assures there are no outdated supplies in the exam rooms. No lab controls used beyond expiration limit.
- Initiate emergency care per department and hospital policy. Maintains CPR certification and nursing license.
- Attends pharmaceutical presentations for education of new medications and updates on current drugs. Distributes educational material to patients. Manages time for education of patients with comprehension difficulty.
Great Bend Family Medicine:
- Greets and prepares patients for examination, treatments and procedures
- Obtains weight, vital signs, and short patient history.
- Assists physician as needed in the care of the patients.
- Maintains timely flow if patients.
- Informs patients of appointment delays.
- Assesses, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatment to physician.
- Administers Medication and samples as directed.
- Cleans and maintains well- stocked examination, treatment and procedure rooms.
- Screens patient telephone calls and provides phone triage as needed.
- Answers pharmacy questions and coordinates prescriptions refills.
- Provides verbal and written instructions to patients according to protocol and/or as physician directs.
- Arranges for referrals, tests, treatments, therapy and hospital admissions.
- Labels and maintains proper handling and storage of specimens and tests. Ensures disposition of test results (I.e pathology).
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information/
- Documents nursing procedures, test and examination results as appropriate.
- Assists front office with appointment scheduling.
- Provides direction for unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Following the policy and procedures of the practice.
- Performs other related duties as appropriate.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; prior experience in specialty field preferred; knowledge of general nursing theory and practice required.
Current Nurse licensure in the State of Kansas or has work permit from the State Board of Nursing
BLS certification required or must complete BLS certification with in the first two weeks of employment.
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at Hays Medical Center based on the following criteria:
Primary - required (routine) to do the job;
Secondary - required for the job, but mostly be exception; and
None - no approved access
Description of Information Level
- Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion
- Clinical Information (information that describes a patient's health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical
- Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes
- Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates
Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Training's could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.