Clinical Nurse - CA5 Neuroscience & ENT ICU, Part-time Weekend Days
Weekend Days - Part Time
Cambridge Tower A
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
Patients who are critically ill with a neurological, neurosurgical, and head/neck disorders receive expert care from our Neurosciences and ENT Intensive Care team. Patients who are cared for in this unit have conditions such as acute ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, brain tumors, intracranial aneurysms, neuromuscular diseases, status epilepticus, and head and neck cancer. Because we have a Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center, our physicians, nurses and other specialists are trained to recognize stroke symptoms and provide immediate help, improving outcomes for stroke patients. This is a fast paced unit that is a very rewarding experience for healthcare providers.
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Patient Care Services - Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHS. Must have at least 2 years of experience first for this unit.
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas or compact license
- 6 months or more experience as a Clinical Nurse
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.