- Minimum of 5 Years general experience in a physician office setting preferred.
- Licensed Professional Nurse (RN) in good standing with the SCLLR required
- American Heart Association Healthcare provider course with Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required to be initially completed with the GHS Staff Development Office within 30 calendar days of hire date (exceptions to obtain certification from a provider other than the GHS Staff Development Office are approved by Staff development on a case by case basis). BLS Recertification is required every two years.
- General proficient PC skills and computer knowledge required.
- Phlebotomy skills and experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task required.
- Manual dexterity is needed for handling reports, charts, instruments, and equipment; near visual acuity required to work with charts and records, observe and assist patients, clean and handle equipment.
Physical Requirements: Light Physical Agility Test (PAT) Rating
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; frequently to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert up to 15 pounds of force occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May be exposed to infectious specimens, diseases, and soiled laundry, however, potential for personal harm or injury is limited when proper safety and health precautions are followed.