NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Infection Prevention & Control
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Coordinator. Conducts surveillance and evaluate epidemiological activities hospital-wide. Provides consultation on all infection control policies and practices. Support medical staff committees by monitoring and reporting nosocomial infections. Participates in the orientation of new employees and conducts regular infection control in-services. Reports all required communicable diseases. Identified outbreaks of infections and initiates control measures under the direction of the Infectious Disease Consultant.
1. Conducts surveillance, conducts chart reviews, and evaluates epidemiological activities hospital-wide.
2. Participates in orientation of all new employees as well as infection control in-service education for all employees.
3. Performs statistical analysis on nosocomial data and reports results to appropriate committees/departments.
4. Identifies outbreaks of infections, investigates infection clusters and initiates control measures with the Infectious Disease Consultant.
5. Provides consultation and recommendations regarding employee infections and exposure to communicable diseases.
6. Reports, as required by law, communicable disease of inpatients via the communicable disease report cards.
7. Maintains records of nosocomial infections and reportable diseases.
8. Reviews the purchase of all equipment and supplies used for sterilization, disinfection, and decontamination purposes.
9. Provides administrative support to the Infectious Disease Consultant and the Infection Control Committee.
10. Maintains current knowledge in the field of infection control and clinical practice.
11. Bi-annually reviews all departmental infection control policies and procedures manuals for appropriateness and completeness.
* Registered Nurse
* Bachelor of Nursing
Experience: Five years clinical experience, at least two years of infection control experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!