Radiology Nurse II - Main Campus
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Radiology Nurse could potentially float between our Cambridge, Bell and Medical Office Building (MOB) areas which are all located at our Main Campus; 4000 Cambridge Street, Kansas City, KS.
The Radiology Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery through collaboration with all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Complete comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit.
- Delegates tasks appropriately within scope of practice to ancillary personnel and performs the necessary follow up.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and time management in patient care. Responds appropriately to emergencies.
- Demonstrates good time management and prioritization skills. Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, handoffs, etc.). Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
- Participates in department quality improvement efforts.
- Under the direction of a physician, performs moderate and deep sedation on patients and conducts appropriate monitoring, assessments, interventions, and documentation as required by policy. Ensures appropriate recovery of all patients per hospital policy.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (or higher degree) required
- Must complete BSN within five years of hire as RN
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas required
- BLS Certification
- 2+ years experience as a Clinical Nurse required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - BLS or BCLS - American Heart Association (AHA)
- LRN - RN Licensed Registered Nurse - State Nursing Board
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - ACLS - American Heart Association (AHA)
- BSN Degree preferred
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.