Sane Sart Coordinator (Days, Part Time, Great Bend Campus)
Great Bend Hospital
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) will provide timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to the sexual assault victim. The SANE exam may include a medical-forensic exam, prophylaxis for pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, photographic documentation, and referrals for appropriate medical and psychological follow-up, support and participation in the legal proceedings.
- Ability to perform emergent medical triage of the presenting patient(s).
- Perform and document sexual assault medical forensic interviews/exams accurately and timely.
- Perform a complete medical forensic evaluation to include:
- Head-to-toe medical assessment for trauma, detailed genital/anal examination
- Forensic specimen collection and supportive documentation
- Photo documentation of bodily and genital-anal injuries with competent documentation
- Assess for mandatory reporting status and report when appropriate
- Maintain chain of custody and adhere to evidence guidelines
- Maintain professional standards that do not create conflict of interests with employment or patient care
- Administer prophylactic medications and emergency contraception
- Coordinate referrals for appropriate follow-up care as needed
- Testify as fact witness to any/all cases performed while employed as a SANE
- Completing the required 40 hour training course.
- Observation of at least 5 sexual abuse exams prior to independent practice.
- Completion of continued education, case studies, literature review, chart reviews, and court cases.
- Current KS license with no restrictions.
- Maintain clinical education hours relevant to sexual assault
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.