PreOp/PACU RN (Days; Full Time, Great Bend Campus)
Great Bend Hospital
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Under the supervision of the nursing department’s management, the RN assumes the responsibility for the nursing processes of assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation needed to deliver safe, evidence based care within their scope of practice.
Pre Op/PACU GB
- Assess patient’s physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, review of medical records & clinical data. Evaluates patient’s response and intervenes to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Performs airway management.
- Identifies physical symptoms changes and provides appropriate treatment.
- Demonstrates established techniques of safe administration of medications and parental fluids, according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement patient plan of care and observe outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to IV’s, incision/wound care, medication administration, catheterization and specimen collections.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anesthetic drugs, actions, and side effects. Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health and safety and rights of each patient.
- Provide patient/family education through assessment of patient/family learning readiness, needs, and ability. Provide teaching and evaluate effectiveness of teaching.
- Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and hospital policy.
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care.
- Manages resources and patient flow through matching nursing competencies with individualized patient’s and unit needs.
- Uses standards of care, hospital policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide practice.
- Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
- Precepts/mentors new staff or nursing students as needed.
- Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education. Seeks experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence in clinical practice or role performance. Use current healthcare research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.
- Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting.
- Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records. Document ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner. Use information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain a steady level of productivity; self motivated. Organizes and manages activities reflecting due consideration for the needs of the department and staff.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required for new graduates, preferred for experienced RN's.
- One year experience preferred Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
- Current state nursing licenses or RN license from a participating state in the National Licensure Compact
- BCLS certification
- PALS certification
- ACLS Certification
- Certified OR Nurse (CNOR)
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.