Unit Coordinator (Full Time; Nights; Med/Surg) Great Bend Campus
Great Bend Hospital
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Charge nurse is a registered nurse who is responsible for the operation of the nursing unit over a specific time period. The charge nurse must have a strong foundation of clinical knowledge and skills on which to base judgments and make decisions, organizing abilities to direct nursing tasks and operations, and interpersonal skills to facilitate communication and the work of others. The charge nurse provides ongoing coordination of work and resources as necessary to meet changing requirements in the work environment. The charge nurse evaluates individual and collective outcomes of the patient care provided during their shift, compares patient care delivery to accepted standards, adjusts assignment of resources as necessary, and reports changing needs and outcomes to the health care staff. You could then incorporate some of these items into the responsibilities listed below.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Provides charge nurse responsibilities, including assignments, management of throughput, and responding to patient and staff needs.
- Manages a patient care assignment as indicated by patient care needs. Instructs staff and ensures compliance with standards through daily on-going monitoring and performance management.
- Serves as a role model and mentor for excellence in clinical practice and patient and employee satisfaction.
- Has primary involvement and responsibility for unit performance improvement activities and outcomes.
- Oversee patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations Identify and respond to emergencies.
- Demonstrates leadership.
- Check equipment to determine if it is functioning properly.
- Assist with staff lunches and break times.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Ensure safety and quality measures are being met (white boards updated, hand hygiene, bedside shift report, CAUTI, CLABSI, HAPI, sepsis bundle).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification
- Professional Nursing Certification preferred
- 2 years of clinical experience preferred
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.