PRN Clinical Nurse Coordinator Cardiology - Overland Park Clinic; Indian Creek Medical Plaza
Indian Creek Medical Plaza 3
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The PRN Clinical Nurse Coordinator Cardiology at our Overland Park (Indian Creek Medical Plaza) Clinic is a licensed registered professional nurse who is a clinical expert who provides ethical, evidence-based, safe and compassionate nursing care. Has expertise in one or more specialty area. The Ambulatory Nurse focuses on patient safety and the quality of nursing care by identifying and clarifying patient needs, conducting health education, promoting patient advocacy, coordinating healthcare services, and evaluating patient outcomes. The Heart Rhythm Management nurse facilitates optimal care by monitoring and optimizing patient care through monitoring of device diagnostics and function. They also manage and optimally program implantable cardiac devices to improve quality of life and decrease re-hospitalizations in the heart failure patient population.
- Acts as a patient advocate in developing a plan of care that respects the patient’s culture and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
- Coordinates a multidisciplinary, collaborative healthcare team in the management of acute and chronic cardiovascular diseases.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by identifying and addressing safety issues and changing nurse practices to enhance safety.
- Facilitates continuity of care using the nursing process across the care continuum.
- Facilitates patient care services by managing and individualizing care for patients and their families
- Implements and evaluates evidence-based nursing interventions to improve patient outcomes.
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Provides critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment to expedite appropriate care and treatment of patients with complex problems or potentially life threatening conditions.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and/or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse in Kansas and Missouri
- BCLS certification
- ACLS certification
- Two years cardiology experience required
- IV therapy skills
- Four years cardiology experience
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.