Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse)- Inpatient Burn Center
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
We are currently hiring for a Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) on our Inpatient Burn Unit.
Various Shifts Available
Inpatient Burn Unit
These nurses work with an experienced multi-disciplinary team, using the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques to help patients heal from burns, complex skin disorders, slow-to-heal wounds and reconstructive surgeries. Our Burnett Burn Center is an adult and pediatric verified burn center that provides acute and intensive inpatient care to those who need specialized treatment and rehab interventions..
The center features two hydrotherapy bays, an operating room suite, a nutrition center and a physical therapy gym. We also closely collaborate with the outpatient burn and wound care clinic to provide ongoing specialized wound care in the outpatient setting which may include hyperbaric oxygen therapy to enhance healing.
We are currently hiring for a Clinical Nurse I for the Inpatient Burn Center.
The University of Kansas Health System is the region’s premier academic medical center recognized for quality by:
U.S. News & World Report ranks The University of Kansas Hospital as the best in Kansas City and in Kansas
The hospital is the first in Kansas to earn Magnet designation for nursing excellence and one of few to earn it 3 consecutive times.
Our health system ranks 5th among 99 academic medical centers, earning Vizient’s 2018 Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Patient Care Services - Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHS. Must have at least 2 years of RN experience.
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- 6 months or more experience as a Clinical Nurse
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.