Apr 27, 2022
The University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS, USA
posted onPosted 30+ Days Ago
*Cardiac Cath Lab RN
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Cardiac Cath Lab RN provides evidence based care in Cardiac Cath Labs; monitors electrical and hemodynamic parameters; assesses patient during procedures and delivers therapy; provides moderate sedation during procedure. Performs advanced diagnostic and invasive procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Monitor, circulate, and assist Cardiologist as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administers intravenous and oral medications to patients.
- Assists in the collection of arterial and venous blood samples and respiratory gases.
- Attends to patient needs during electrophysiology studies including monitor patient's - vital signs.
- Circulates during procedure, as applicable. - Develops and contributes to a plan of nursing for the patient's care.
- Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic data; operates hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital and line fluoroscopic equipment, if applicable.
- Participates in late staffing per established late staffing schedule.
- Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Participates in orienting new staff.
- Prepares patient and equipment for electrophysiology procedures; prepares site of entry, draping patient, arranging sterilized instruments and catheters, and calibrating and setting up pressure transducers and tubing, as applicable.
- Prepares the Electrophysiology Lab procedures rooms by ensuring that adequate stock is available.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties and may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Perioperative & Procedures - For ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017; must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as RN with UKHA
- RN in State of Kansas
- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
- Minimum of 2 years' ICU experience or previous Cath Lab experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Registration as a Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT); Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS); Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES); or CCRN
- Cath Lab (Cath Lab and/or EP Lab) experience
- Minimum of 2 years of ICU/ED experience
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.