Apr 27, 2022
The University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS, USA
posted onPosted 30+ Days Ago
job requisition idR-12163
Behavioral Health & Psych RN (Adults)
Strawberry Hill Campus
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Behavioral Health and Psychiatric RN ensures that all clinical care is delivered in a manner that meets or exceeds goals and expectations for clinical outcomes, quality assurance standards, and patient satisfaction.
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associates degree or higher in Nursing
- For ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017; must complete BSN within five years of hire
- Required to obtain, post hire, through department training: Certified in behavior management techniques
- RN License in state of practice
- CPR certification
- Knowledge and understanding of physician desk reference guide
- Computer literate and proficient in various computer programs
- Knowledge of accreditation standards
- BSN degree
- Minimum one to three years of relevant experience
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.