Psychiatric Intake & Assessment RN (Adults)
Strawberry Hill Campus
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Psychiatric Intake & Assessment Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complete initial Psychiatric assessment (at Strawberry Hill Campus) upon admissions.
- Will provide Triage and MSE and serve as QMP in absence of physician.
- Will provide initial nursing admissions assessment.
- Provide intake screening calls.
- Provide appropriate referrals.
- Work closely with the inpatient psychiatric units, PLS, physicians and psychiatric consult services, the medical inpatient units, and transfer center to assess patient needs for admissions.
- Work and communicate to all team members to arrange appropriate bed placement and levels of service.
- Assist in completions of involuntary paperwork as needed.
- May be required to attend hearings for involuntary patients. Assist inpatient psychiatric nursing units to provide intermittent IV Antibiotic Therapy, IV Fluid Challenge.
- Will be a member of the BRT and RRT team at the campus.
- Assist inpatient units as needed After hours and weekends will initiate Pre-Cert at Strawberry Hill campus.
Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- BLS Certification
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing (or higher degree)
- For ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree within 5 years of hire
- 2+ years’ experience as a Clinical Psychiatric Nurse in a Psychiatric Hospital or setting is required for Adults and 1+ years for child and adolescent campus.
- ENPC certification preferred for Child Campus, will train
- TNCC preferred for Adult Campus
- BSN Preferred
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.