ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Responsible for class facilitation on an as-needed basis utilizing principles and best practices of adult learning for ACLS and/or PALS.
- Adjusts content and teaching strategies appropriate to learner needs and abilities.
- Delivers competence-based programs for staff with a focus upon improvement of skills and retention of knowledge.
- Instructs certification programs, (eg ACLS, PALS, TNCC) and adjunct classes as needed.
- Plans, prepares, maintains, and updates materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience.
- Identifies and evaluates instructional materials in all types of media and formats.
- Keeps current with changes, new technologies and equipment and new teaching methodologies.
- Facilitates the adult learning process, creating a climate which supports learning across the organization.
- Change Agent:
- Interprets and communicates across multiple disciplines.
- Serves as a role model to promote excellence and safety.
- Maintains required educational and/or clinical competencies.
- Integrates ethical principles in all aspects of practice.
- Serves as a role model for education and professionalism.
- Role models and promotes the concept of lifelong learning.
- Department Direction:
- Assists/mentors new instructors for certification courses (eg AHA programs per the organization’s needs).
- Uses, incorporates and/or develops the following educational materials:
- Websites, DVDs, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations, online learning modules.
- Competency checklists/assessments.
- Course tests/exams
- Course outlines/objectives
- Course handouts
- Course evaluations
- Flip charts
- Computer software programs
- On-line education
- Other educational materials
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- ACLS Instructor and/or PALS Instructor certification, required.
- Maintains clinical license and certifications, if applicable. ie: RN, PA/NP, Pharmacist, EMT, Paramedic, etc.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an educator role highly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of acute healthcare experience highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge, including word processing, graphics and spreadsheets.
- Knowledgeable of basic research and nursing theory.
- Ability to operate equipment: projectors, audiovisual equipment, cameras, patient care equipment etc.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning theories.
In accordance with Sheridan Memorial Hospital’s (SMH) duty to maintain a safe work environment for staff, patients and visitors, and to ensure the facility remains in compliance with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS) Conditions of Participation, COVID-19 vaccinations or an approved medical or religious exemption is required in accordance with established CMS requirements.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.