Providence is calling a RN Infusion Nursing - Home Services Infusion Nursing (0.0 FTE, Days) to Home Services Building in Portland, OR
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Infusion Nursing - Home Services Infusion Nursing that will provide direct nursing services and case management related to infusion therapy for patients in the home, clinic, or alternate living site. This is accomplished through collaboration and coordination with various providers, the patient and/or caregiver, the physician and the payor. These services are provided in the states of Oregon and/or southwest Washington
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage patient caseload
- Provide care that includes communicating the progress toward goals and plan for scheduling follow up visits
- Work as a team to complete recertifications
- Identify and document unusual occurrences
- Gather, assess and record data for each patient visit, including admissions and follow-up visits
- Develop a comprehensive description of each patient's physical, psychosocial, economic and environmental state
- Develop an individualized Plan of Care based on patient assessment
- Collaborate with the physician, pharmacist and ancillary personnel for delivery of services
- Communicate the Plan of Care to all team members through appropriate channels and related documentation
- Maintain patient clinical records in accordance with regulatory standards
- Perform procedures and treatments according to accepted department standards as demonstrated by annual skills competency and supervisory visit observations
- Teach and counsel patients and caregivers regarding Plan of Care and potential complications of IV therapy
- Improve the quality of his/her nursing practice and continued professional growth through continuing education programs and review of relevant literature
- Communicate needs for additional knowledge and education to the Nursing Supervisor
- Work assigned hours including rotating through holiday and after hours coverage
- Carry out shift expectations and responsibilities according to nursing responsibilities policy
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Current unencumbered nursing license for the state of Oregon
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider) -OR- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) within thirty (30) days of start date
- Current State Driver’s license in state in which they reside and have access to daily use of an insured, reliable vehicle
- Washington Nursing License must be attained no later than thirty (30) days from start date at Providence Home Health Services division (Not required for Southern Oregon)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of experience with acute hospital care, infusion, or home health
- Knowledge of and proficiency in principles and practice of infusion therapy
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 318583