Who We Are
Hillcrest Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest HealthCare System, is a 620-bed hospital among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas including Oklahoma’s largest dedicated heart hospital.
After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how our fast-paced MSICU is powered by our purpose of caring for people – our patients, their families and one another. We are a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a closed admittance ICU with Critical Care Service Line Providers that provide oversight and direction to our nursing staff. With great nurse-to-patient ratios and a strong clinical support team, we offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most – caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team… please apply today.
What You’ll Do
The Clinical Leader—MSICU is responsible for assisting the Manager/Director in managing the activities of the organizational unit (department(s)).
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Coordinate delivery of critical care services across the critical care continuum, including ICU and Stepdown
- Assist with coordinating inter/intra departmental services as necessary
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide/support departmental services
- Assist with assessment/evaluation of staff qualifications and competence
- Participate in the assessment and improvement of departmental quality targets and performance
- Maintain appropriate quality control programs
- Provide orientation and continuing education for staff
- Recommend space/other resources needed by the department
- Participate in the selection of outside services.
- Staff the unit as a Charge Nurse as regularly and/or as needed
- Maintain confidentiality with all information
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience as an RN in a hospital setting
- Current valid OK State Professional Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization, knowledge of Epic a plus!
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities
Valid Oklahoma RN license
Graduate of an accrediated nursing school